Irish Coffee Stats
One in three Irish people now buys a coffee at least once a day – an increase of 10 per cent on the previous year according to a 2017 survey of 1,011 people by Allegra World for UCC Coffee Ireland. The number of specialist coffee houses grew by 8.5 per cent in 2016, according to Euromonitor, while the overall market for coffee in Ireland will grow by seven per cent over the next five years, UCC predicts.
Seventy per cent of Irish people now drink more than one cup a day. And we’re spending more too – consumers surveyed by UCC said they were willing to spend €3.08 on a great cup of coffee, up 21 per cent since 2013. One in ten would be happy to pay more than €5 on a single cup. (Source, Irish Times)
And more stats from statista.com
- Revenue in the Coffee segment is projected to reach US$575m in 2020. The market is expected to grow annually by 6.6% (CAGR 2020-2025).
- The market’s largest segment will be the segment Instant Coffee with a market volume of US$335m in 2020.
- In global comparison, most revenue will be generated in the United States (US$67,663m in 2020).
- In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$116.45 will be generated in 2020.
- The average per capita consumption will stand at 1.2 kg in 2020.